Partial Library Re-opening September 29
We are thrilled to announce that the Morris County Library will have a partial reopening to the public beginning Tuesday, September 29.
Library hours will be as follows:
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 10 AM to 6 PM
- Thursday – 11 AM to 7 PM
- Friday and Saturday – 9 AM to 5 PM
- (Library closed on Sunday and Monday)
Thirty (30) patrons will be allowed to enter the library at one time. Facial coverings must be worn (covering both nose and mouth) while inside the library. No exceptions.
The first floor main stacks of the library will be open for browsing.
In addition, limited services will be offered inside the building:
- Circulation: walk-in, placing of holds, materials pick up.
- Quick browsing in the Readers Services department ONLY.
- Computers – computer usage is limited to 1 hour/once per day via sign-up (no reservations). Six computers will be available for patrons to use – 4 seated, 2 standing.
- Children’s Department – material will be checked out and collected from Children’s Pick-up Station. NO PHYSICAL BROWSING ALLOWED.
- Music & Media Department –MCL Music and Media Department is now open! A designated pickup area is located in the lobby to the left in front of the department. There is no browsing at this time.
- Reference material – by consultation, only. Available with 24-hour notice.
“One Way” directional signs have been posted. Please follow all directional signage and all other social distancing measures in place.
The second floor of the library, Snack Bar, Public Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms will remain closed INDEFINITELY.
Curbside Service is Still Available
Curbside service will remain the preferred method for circulating material.
BOOK RETURNS will only be accepted via Book Drop Bins located outside the front entrance. We will continue to quarantine material for 96 hours before discharging.
Fines are now waived until the end of 2020!
If you have any questions or concerns, please call ahead at 973-285-6930.