We are thrilled to announce that the Morris County Library will expand its reopening to the public beginning Tuesday, May 4. As part of the expansion:
- The entire first floor of the library – Readers Services, Children’s and Music & Media – will be open for physical browsing.
- The library will no longer quarantine returned material before discharging. Fines continue to be waived.
- The library will resume in-person programming with the Summer Reading Program (June through August) in the Children’s Department.
In addition, these services will continue to be offered inside the building:
- Circulation: walk-in, placing of holds, materials pick up.
- Computers – computer usage is limited to 1 hour/once per day via sign-up (no reservations). Six computers will be available for patrons to use – 4 seated, 2 standing.
- Reference service – by consultation, only. Available with 24-hour notice.
“One Way” directional signs have been posted. Please follow all directional signage and all other social distancing measures in place.
Library hours will be as follows:
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 10 AM to 6 PM
- Thursday – 11 AM to 7 PM
- Friday and Saturday – 9 AM to 5 PM
- (Library closed on Sunday and Monday)
Sixty (60) patrons will be allowed to enter the library at one time. Face masks must be worn (covering both nose and mouth) while inside the library. No exceptions.
Curbside Service is Still Available
Curbside hours (please phone 973-285-6930 with questions):
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 10 AM to 5:45 PM (library closes at 6 PM)
- Thursday – 11 AM to 6:45 PM (library closes at 7 PM)
- Friday and Saturday – 9 AM to 4:45 PM (library closes at 5 PM)
The second floor of the library, Snack Bar, Public Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms will remain closed INDEFINITELY.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call ahead at 973-285-6930.