With your library card, you can access more than 7,000 of the world’s top newspapers and magazines, including New York Post, Los Angeles Times, The Guardian, Newsweek, Bloomberg Businessweek, US Weekly, China Daily, and so many more! You can read directly from your browser or from the PressReader app for iOS, Kindle Fire, Microsoft or Android devices. Issues are yours to keep, and there are no limits on downloads!
Login using your library card and password, and check out magazines and newspapers to read online in the browser or through the mobile app.
Curbside Service Hours
Starting Tuesday 3/23, the library will conclude its curbside service 15 minutes before closing each day (Tuesday through Saturday). Curbside service will continue to commence each day when the library opens. Please phone 973-285-6930 with questions.
Curbside hours starting Tuesday 3/23:
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 10 AM to 5:45 PM (library closes at 6 PM)
- Thursday – 11 AM to 6:45 PM (library closes at 7 PM)
- Friday and Saturday – 9 AM to 4:45 PM (library closes at 5 PM)
Partial Library Re-opening
We are thrilled to announce that the Morris County Library will have a partial reopening to the public beginning Tuesday, September 29.
Library hours will be as follows:
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 10 AM to 6 PM
- Thursday – 11 AM to 7 PM
- Friday and Saturday – 9 AM to 5 PM
- (Library closed on Sunday and Monday)
Sixty (60) patrons will be allowed to enter the library at one time. Face masks must be worn (covering both nose and mouth) while inside the library. No exceptions.
The first floor main stacks of the library will be open for browsing.
In addition, limited services will be offered inside the building:
- Circulation: walk-in, placing of holds, materials pick up.
- Quick browsing in the Readers Services department ONLY.
- Computers – computer usage is limited to 1 hour/once per day via sign-up (no reservations). Six computers will be available for patrons to use – 4 seated, 2 standing.
- Children’s Department – material will be checked out and collected from Children’s Pick-up Station. NO PHYSICAL BROWSING ALLOWED.
- Music & Media Department –material will be checked out and collected from Music & Media Pick-up Station. NO PHYSICAL BROWSING ALLOWED.
- Reference material – by consultation, only. Available with 24-hour notice.
“One Way” directional signs have been posted. Please follow all directional signage and all other social distancing measures in place.
The second floor of the library, Snack Bar, Public Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms will remain closed INDEFINITELY.
Curbside Service is Still Available
Curbside service will remain the preferred method for circulating material.
BOOK RETURNS will only be accepted via Book Drop Bins located outside the front entrance. We will continue to quarantine material for 96 hours before discharging.
Fines continue to be waived!
If you have any questions or concerns, please call ahead at 973-285-6930.