Summer Programs for Children and Teens
Morris County Library’s Summer Reading Program is back this year with “Tails and Tales.” Children and teens can participate in reading, stop in once a week for a chance to win a grand prize gift card at the end of the summer, paid for by the Morris County Library Foundation. Registration is required and begins on June 22nd. Read and report the number of books read or listened to each week from July 6th until August 7th. The grand prize drawing will take place on August 10th, and a Summer Reading Party will be held on August 12th.
We are also pleased to present a wide variety of live summer programs and performances for children and young families along with our 2021 Summer Reading Program. From Pre-school Story Time, “Music with Mr. Darren”, Take-Home Crafts, to a Scavenger Hunt, a Magic Show, learning about lizards, snakes and frogs, having fun with bubbles, and much more! Registration is required and begins online on June 10th (visit this site to register). Seating is limited so we cannot accept walk-ins. All performances are sponsored by the Morris County Library Foundation.
We are thrilled to announce that the Morris County Library will expand its reopening to the public beginning Tuesday, May 4. As part of the expansion:
- The entire first floor of the library – Readers Services, Children’s and Music & Media – will be open for physical browsing.
- The library will no longer quarantine returned material before discharging. Fines continue to be waived.
- The library will resume in-person programming with the Summer Reading Program (June through August) in the Children’s Department.
In addition, these services will continue to be offered inside the building:
- Circulation: walk-in, placing of holds, materials pick up.
- Computers – computer usage is limited to 1 hour/once per day via sign-up (no reservations). Six computers will be available for patrons to use – 4 seated, 2 standing.
- Reference service – by consultation, only. Available with 24-hour notice.
Library hours will be as follows:
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 10 AM to 6 PM
- Thursday – 11 AM to 7 PM
- Friday and Saturday – 9 AM to 5 PM
- (Library closed on Sunday and Monday)
Curbside Service is Still Available
Curbside hours (please phone 973-285-6930 with questions):
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 10 AM to 5:45 PM (library closes at 6 PM)
- Thursday – 11 AM to 6:45 PM (library closes at 7 PM)
- Friday and Saturday – 9 AM to 4:45 PM (library closes at 5 PM)
The second floor of the library will remain closed INDEFINITELY.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call ahead at 973-285-6930.