Libraries-by-Mail is a free homebound delivery service provided to individual residents of Morris County who are home-bound, disabled, or lack transportation to get to the library.
With Libraries-by-Mail you can:
- Select your own books or media.
- Have librarians make selections based on your reading profile.
- Request materials by mail, phone, or from the online catalog.
Books are mailed to you with return postage pre-paid.
To sign up, fill out our online application.
You may also print out an application or call 973-285-6970 to have it mailed to you. Return the paper application to:
Morris County Library
30 E. Hanover Ave.
Whippany, NJ 07981
Deliveries to Adult Care Facilities is a free institutional delivery service provided to nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Morris County. Books, CDs, videos, DVDs, and art prints can be lent for a period of two months (videos & DVDs for two weeks), and are delivered and picked up by the Library’s delivery van. They are selected by librarians based on needs specified in our online application.
To sign up, fill out our online Institutional Services application.
You may also print out an Institutional Services application or call 973-285-6970 to have it mailed to you. Return the paper application to the above address.
For the Blind and Vision Impaired
The Morris County Library is a designated Service Center for the New Jersey State Library Talking Book and Braille Center.
Our services include:
- Optelec Enlarger
- Perkins Brailler
- Computer station with Jaws software installed
- Large Type Print Books
- Audio Materials
- Braille Books
New Jersey State Library Talking Book and Braille Center Services Include:
Apply for New Jersey State Library services by filling out their application.
You will need to have your personal physician certify that you are eligible for this service.
Deaf Resource Center
Morris County Library is a regional Deaf Resource Center.
- Videos. The Northwest Jersey Assn of the Deaf, Inc (NWJAD) and the Higgs Family Foundation have donated the ASL Access Video Collection of 200 videos to our library. The Clifford R. Rowley ASL Video Collection, now held in only two other public libraries in the country, includes children’s stories, original ASL poetry, comedy, drama, translations of classic literature, biographies and ASL instruction films. The collection honors Cliff Rowley for his strong leadership and volunteer work in establishing programs and services for the deaf.
- Hardware for the Hearing and Visually Impaired
- closed caption decoders
- comtex wireless auditory assistance kit
- conference microphones
- hearing helper personal FM systems
- listen-aiders (amplification units)
- microloop assistive-listening system
- Perkins brailler (braille typewriter)
- personal PA value pack systems
- pocket talkers (personal amplifiers)
- portable phone amplifier
- TTY units
All items have a 14-day loan period, with a one-time renewal. All items are available to Morris County library card holders, or via Open Borrowing for out-of-county library cards. All items are only available via in-person pick-up. (Morris County does not ship any AV hardware.)
For more information call: 973-285-6979.