Summer 2017 Programs
All programs open to teens ages 12 – 18. No registrations necessary, unless otherwise noted.
Build a Better Story: Writing Workshop
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017; 3:00 PM – 4:15 PM
- Join us for a teen writing workshop with poet and writing instructor Tamara Hart! We will explore ways to improve your storytelling abilities and hone the skills you’ll need to build a better story!
- Wednesday, August 2, 2017; 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Choose from a variety of fun crafts to make: create your own fantasy map, bookmarks, and much more!
Cardboard Challenge & Wrap-Up Pizza Party!
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017; 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Get creative building with cardboard at our Cardboard Creation Station: build your own structures, games, creatures, or costumes; we will provide examples, but your imagination’s the limit!
- Join us afterwards for a pizza party, book giveaways, and raffle prize drawings for teen summer reading participants. Open to all teens; please call 973-285-6933 to register for this program.
Win Summer Reading Prizes at MCL!
Here’s how it works:
Pick up a Teen Reading Log at the Children’s Services Desk at Morris County Library. Record the number of books you read each week in the log and check-in at the Children’s Services desk once a week to be entered into a raffle for weekly prizes.
Write Book Reviews:
You can earn more raffle tickets for writing brief book reviews of any of the books you read, which you can submit through an online form:
Attend Library Programs:
You will receive an extra raffle ticket for each library program you attend!
Each week we will draw winners for Summer Reading prizes. Weekly prizes will consist of brand new books of your choosing, and end-of-summer prizes will include gift cards as well as books. Winners will be notified in advance by phone or email.
Be sure to attend our Wrap-Up Pizza Party on August 8th for a chance to win lots of prizes! Call 973-285-6933 to register for the party or sign up at the Children’s Services desk at the library.
Take Our Survey!
What do you want to see us focus on at the Library? Please let us know by filling out our survey!