Notary service available by appointment only. Please call 973.285.6969 to schedule an appointment. Library Notary Service is not available for certified copies (e.g. birth and marriage certificates), and notarizing I-9 Forms, and certain other documents. We cannot give legal advice regarding your documents or which type of notarization you require, although we will explain the difference between giving an acknowledgement and taking an oath or affirmation (jurat). All signer(s) must bring government-issued photo ID and leave no blanks in the document except the signature line(s), as you will need to sign in front of the Notary. The Library reserves the right to decline service for any reason.
Laws are detailed in the New Jersey Notary Public Manual.
Other public libraries offering notary service (call first to confirm):
- Jefferson Township
- Mendham Borough
- Mount Olive
- Washington Township
- Wharton (Wharton residents only)
- Most municipal clerks offices and courthouses. You should always call first.
- Banks, law offices, your insurance company, your real estate agent. These are generally limited to account holders/clients who need documents notarized for current services rendered.
- Office of Hispanic Affairs/Dover (Spanish language). Telephone: 973-366-4770.
- UPS Stores.
- US Postal Service, Mendham Twp, Brookside. Telephone: 973-543-7878.
- 123Notary – mobile notaries will come to your home or office.