Search the Morris County Library Map Collection.
We have a wide range of maps and atlases: flood plain and seismic maps; 19th Century Atlases for most NJ counties; some coastal mapping; current and historic USGS topographical maps; Sanborn fire insurance maps.
Among our historic maps are the Beers, Robinson or Wolverton atlases, which indicate property owners and location of buildings. The collection includes:
- Bergen County, 1876.
- Cumberland County, 1878.
- Hunterdon County, 1873.
- Monmouth County, 1889.
- Morris County, 1868.
- Morris County, 1887.
- Morristown, 1874.
- Passaic County, 1877.
- Salem & Gloucester County, 1876.
- Somerset County, 1873.
Additional Online Map/Atlas Resources
- Changing Landscape of Morris County, 1853.
- David Rumsey collection, 308 NJ maps.
- Digital Geodata Archive, From NJ Geological Survey.
- Online Mapping of Population, Census Bureau 1990 and 2000.
- Passaic River Basin Study, US Army Corps of Engineers, includes maps.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for Morris County.
- NJ GeoWeb, Interactive mapping from the Department of Environmental Protection.