- NJ Adoption Registry, NJ Dept. of Children & Families
Births and Deaths
- Bureau of Vital Statistics
- Local registrar in the town where the birth occurred
- New Jersey State Archives
- For more specific information, see the Genealogical Records at the New Jersey State Archives
- Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital
Request death certificates from NJ Dept. of Health. You must be declared an estate executor to access any patient information. Hospital inmates and staff can be found in a facility enumeration in the 1900-1930 censuses:
- 1900-1920, Hanover Township.
- 1930, Morris Plains.
- Colonial marriages from 1665-1799
- Local registrar in the town where the marriage occurred
- Additional research and resources
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- Genealogical Society of NJ
- Family History Library Catalog
- Family Search (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). You can order online from LDS and have the microfilm sent to the Morris County Library for viewing.
- National Archives – Veterans Records
- Officers and Men of the Civil War from the New Jersey State Library
- County Surrogate’s Office
New Jersey wills are filed and probated in the county of residence of the deceased. Members of the public can view them and make copies.
- Morris County Probate Records
Gives name of the executor and the date, book and page number of the will.
- Morris County Library owns:
- New Jersey Department of State Will Registry
- New Jersey Probate Records
For an explanation of where to find and obtain wills.